To update the Firmware of the Control Unit you need:
1. Pessl Instr. Firmware Uploader (FW Uploader)
2. Micro USB cable to connect the main boards to the PC or Notebook
3. latest version of the Firmware (FW) for the control Unit
You can download the FW here:
You can download the FW Uploader here:
For more information or help please read Download PI FW Uploader in our solutions.
To manually upload the firmware on the station, please follow the given next steps:
- Unplug the battery and solar panel and control unit cable
- Open the program Firmware uploader
- On "Select FW" sellect the correct FW for the station e.g:
- On “Device” select the correct device- in this case Camera Control Unit
- Connect the PC (Computer) to the PCB (station) (USB Cable red square) and
- On "COM Port" Select the correct COM Port. If it is the only one device connected to your PC, COM port is detected automatically.
- Click “Open Port” and wait until "External Camera Control Unit. OK" appears.
- Now Click “Upload FW”
- As soon as you see the message “Upload process done”, you’re finished.
- Click “Close Port”
- Remove the USB cable
The complete monitoring of the communication process should take place after each installation by connecting the PC to the Camera. The installer should never leave the site without performing a sensor test and communication process log.